Colin White in partnership with Prosquash Akadémia, Griff Squash & Fitness Club, Magyar Fallabda Szövetség and European Squash Federation would like to invite you to the 1st Budapest Squash Masters, which will be part of the new ESF Masters Circuit for 2014.Tournament will be held in the Griff Squash Club starting Friday, May 16th, finishing on Sunday, May 18th.
- This event will be held from Friday, May 16 to Sunday, May 18. Depending on entries and size of the draws, the tournament will start on Friday, May 16 at 10.00am.
Closing date for entries
- Griff Squash & Fitness Club – Hunguest Hotel Griff
- Men’s: +35, +40, +45, +50, +55, +60, +65, +70
- Women’s: +35, +40, +45, +50, +55, +60, +65, +70
- Players are only allowed to enter one category.
- This event is open to all players who are over 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70 on the first day of the event. As specified by the WSF and ESF, players must hold an active Squash Player Identification Number (SPIN) to compete in all ESF Registered events. Players without a SPIN can register through the WSF website www.worldsquash.org/spin
- The seeding will be carried out by the Masters Sub-Committee Seeding Panel using the latest available results and ESF Masters Rankings valid at the closing date and in accordance with the ESF Masters Circuit Guidelines.
- All matches played will consist of the best of five sets, under the rules of the WSF. All players are guaranteed a minimum of three matches. The Tournament Organisers reserve the right to organize plate matches consisting of the best of five sets. PAR 11 scoring (to 2 clear points) will be used.
- Maximum draw size: 64 (3 day event).
- All players will be expected to mark and referee matches
- There will be Cups, Medals and Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place in each age group.
- Players enter and play in the tournament at their own risk. Neither the organisers nor the ESF will accept responsibility for any claims including for injury or accident. Suitable insurance must be organised by the player or the participating federation.
- Hunguest Hotel Griff - same building as the squash courts.
- Bartók Béla út 152
- 1113 Budapest
- Reservations for packages can only be made by the tournament organisers.
- Associated Hostel:
- There is no transport needed between the official hotel and club, they are both connected. Anybody wishing to stay away from the official hotel will need to organise their own transport, but the organisers will be happy to give advice about the best options.
- The entry fee and package fee, as detailed below, along with the ranking levy of €4 per player must be paid to the host by the closing date.
- The entry fee must be paid by bank transfer (net of bank charges) to :
- PRO SQUASH AKADEMIA SPORT EGYESÜLET at:
- Bank: OTP BANK NYRT.
- Account No: 11703037-20002994
- SWIFT/BIC: OTPVHUHB
- IBAN: HU88 1170 3037 2000 2994 0000 0000
- Account Name: PRO SQUASH AKADEMIA SPORT EGYESÜLET
- Reference: Masters 2014
- Please mark payment clearly with name of event and name of player
Basic Entry fee: 50€ (includes at least 3 matches, tournament t-shirt, Thursday Meet and Greet, Friday Night Budapest Bus Tour (Limited Places, so book early), Saturday Night VAPiANO Tournament Party and tournament welcome bag).
- Package A: 3 nights accommodation + all meals 1 - 8 248,- €
- The package fee is €248 which includes the entry fee, tournament T-Shirt, 3 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast, three lunches (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and two dinners (Friday and Saturday ), transfer from airport. Single room charge is €15 extra per night.
- Package B: 2 nights accommodation + all meals 2 - 8 190,- €
- Package Fee for other persons (coaches/ partners, etc.) is
- 3 nights €210.
- 2 nights €170
- Extra night in the hotel (twin room) €35 per person including breakfast.
- Extra night in the hotel (single room) €50 per night including breakfast.
Example of Meals with Package A and B:
- Thursday, 15 May
- not covered
- not covered
- not covered
- Friday, 16 May
- #1 - Breakfast Hotel
- #2 - Lunch Hotel
- #3 - Dinner Hotel
- Saturday, 17 May
- #4 - Breakfast Hotel
- #5 - Lunch Hotel
- #6 - Dinner Vapiano
- Sunday, 18 May
- #7 - Breakfast Hotel
- #8 - Lunch Hotel
- not covered
- The seeding lists and time of the first matches will be published 7 days prior to the start date.
- Finalised draws for the event will only be posted at the venue and on the internet at the start of the event. Draws will also be displayed at the official hotel.
ESF regulations & penalties
- A late withdrawal is a withdrawal made 2 days or less before the start date of a tournament
- Ranking penalties will be applied to the records of players who fail to turn up or who make a late withdrawal not supported by a medical certificate (see E4a, E4b and F2l).
- Following a withdrawal, fees should be reimbursed as follows:
- Withdrawal up to 14 days before the start date of a tournament: fees reimbursed in full (less bank charges)
- Withdrawal 3-14 days before the start date of a tournament: 50% of fees reimbursed (less bank charges)
- Withdrawal 2 days or less before the start date of a tournament: reimbursement at the discretion of the tournament organiser
- If a player:
- Has entered a tournament and fails to turn up, he/she will receive zero ranking points for the tournament
- Fails to play out all scheduled matches for any reason other than illness or injury, he/she will receive zero ranking points for the tournament
- Commits either of these offence for a second time within a 12 month period, he/she will be banned from the ESF Masters Circuit for a period of 12 months
Thursday, May 15:
- 18.00-20.00: Meet and Greet in Griff Squash Club.
- Courts will be available for participants who arrive on Thursday to meet and have friendly games with each other. We also plan to put up a big screen for the weekend and show live coverage from the British Open.
Friday, May 16:
- 10.00-19.00: Matches start at Griff Squash Club.
- 20.00-21.30: Guided Bus Tour around Budapest.
Saturday, May 17:
- 10.00-18.00: Quarter and Semi-Finals in Griff
- 19.00-22.00: VAPiANO Evening on Fashion Street, in downtown Budapest: In the upstairs of the restaurant, enjoy some welcome drinks, snacks and live music or have dinner in the main restaurant and enjoy the quick and delicious Italian Food on offer.
- 22.00: Enjoy the Budapest Nightlife
Sunday, May 18:
- 10.00-15.00: Finals and play off matches.
- 15.00-15.40: Prize Giving Ceremony and photos.
- 15.45: Close of the 1st VAPiANO Budapest Squash Masters.